Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adare, Ireland

Today's featured painting in our Fall Travel Series is TR011 Adare, Ireland. Read below for the fun story that inspired this painting.

"We were on our second visit to Ireland. The first trip had been on a tour bus with no control over stopping and getting just the perfect picture. So six of us had piled into a van and started winding our way through the beautiful countryside. I quickly became obsessed with the thatched-roof cottages that are so typically Irish. 'Stop!' I yelled as we came upon yet another whitewashed, thatched-roofed home. As quickly as possible Dad pulled over. My sister Lisa and I jumped out of the van and ran back down the road toward the cottage. Seeking a faster path, I veered off into a farm field to avoid traffic. Just as I was nearing the perfect spot for a picture, two things happened simultaneously: a large tour bus pulled right in front of my viewfinder and I stepped in a muddy sink hole. It seemed everyone on the bus was watching. My shoes and jeans were covered in mud. That Christmas Mom painted me a watercolor of a thatched-roofed Irish cottage. I am still obsesed and love my every day reminder of this special trip." -- Susan Philip

Click here, http://www.watercolorsbyphyllis.com/img-details.aspx?pid=266, to take advantage of our Fall Promotion. Save 50% off all note cards and prints of Adare, Ireland (TR011) now through the end of November! Come back Friday for the next featured painting in our Fall Travel Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment