Friday, October 8, 2010

Dingle, Ireland

Today's featured painting in our Fall Travel Series takes us to Dingle, Ireland. Denise Ackerman shares her story below on this beautiful painting.

"In 1998, I took my first trip to Ireland. We rented a van for the six of us (Mom, Dad, Susan, Steve, Lisa, and me) and took to the road in southwest Ireland. One of the very best days of the trip was our tour of the Dingle Peninsula. The jewel of that day was the quaint little town of Dingle. I looked and looked for the perfect souvenir, something that would memorialize the day forever. Finally in a little gift shop I turned to Mother in despair and said, "I just can't find the right thing!" She replied, "Don't worry, I'll paint you something to remind you of the Dingle." And sure enough, she captured the area perfectly in this picture which hangs in my living room." -- Denise Ackerman

Click here, http://www.watercolorsbyphyllis.com/img-details.aspx?pid=271, to take advantage of our Fall Promotion. Save 50% off all note cards and prints of Dingle, Ireland (TR016) now through the end of November! Come back Monday for the next featured painting in our Fall Travel Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment