Monday, October 11, 2010

Santorini, Greece

Opa! It's Monday, and we're off to Greece today! Our featured painting is of a door in Santorini, Greece (TR010). Susan Philip shares her story behind this exquisite painting.

"For our parents' 50th wedding anniversary, my sister Denise and her husband Jim treated my parents to a trip to Greece. We tagged along. What a wonderful trip it was! I don't know if you are like me, but I frequently notice themes in the architecture of a country and start to photograph them. In Greece, I photographed doors. It was another obsession. As we followed the mazed pathways of older sections of towns and villages, I was amazed by the individuality and beauty of each door. My collection of doorways became richer at every turn. Mom painted several of these doors when we returned home. This is mine. Each morning as I come down the stairs, it greets me." -- Susan Philip


Click here, http://www.watercolorsbyphyllis.com/img-details.aspx?pid=265, to take advantage of our Fall Promotion. Save 50% off all note cards and prints of Santorini, Greece (TR010) now through the end of November! Remember to check the blog on Wednesday for the next featured painting in our Fall Travel Series. Where will we go next???

No comments:

Post a Comment